Ascent of Lenin Peak, Central Asia
Lenin Peak is located right in the heart of the Pamir, a great mountain range in the Eastern Central Asia. Nicknamed Snow Leopard, it is part of a ring of five 7000m summits in the former USSR. Soviet mountaineers who managed to climb all of the five peaks received the highest of honors. Even today, this glorious past is present in all the mountaineers of the former communist empire. We will discover this unknown land, perched amid Kyrgyz steppes, and nomadic cultures of Central Asia.
The ascent of Lenin Peak is a challenge for adventurers who wish to continue to push their limits beyond Aconcagua and for those who dream of the highest peaks of the Himalayas! Less technical and relatively “easy” to climb it has a logical place in this long progression.
Location : Kirghizistan, Central Asia
Duration : 23 days
Price : 5395 $
Ratio:4 clients / 1 guide
- 4 nights in hotel
- 18 nights camping
- Ground transportation
- Meals on the mountain
- Group equipment
- Certified guide from Quebec
- Personal expenses
- Meals in town
- Travel insurance
- Personal equipment
- Day 1-2 : Flight to Osh in Kyrgyzstan via Istanbul in Turkey. Dinner in town.
- Day 3 : Day off in Osh. Preparation for the expedition
- Day 4 : Transfer to Achik Tash and travel to base camp. Night in Yurt!
- Day 5 : 18 km trek to advanced base camp at 4400m.
- Day 6 : Acclimatization day and reconnaissance hike.
- Day 7 : Ascent to camp 2 at 5300m
- Day 8 : Rest day for acclimatization.
- Day 9 : Ascent to camp 3 at 6100m, night in camp 2.
- Day 10 : Descente au camp de base avancé et repos.
- Day 11 : Rest day at ABC.
- Day 12 : Rest day at ABC.
- Day 13: Ascent to camp 2 at 5300m.
- Day 14: Ascent to camp 3 at 6100m.
- Day 15: Summit day (7134m).
- Day 16 à 18 : Buffer days in case of bad weather or acclimatization.
- Day 19: Descent to ABC. Celebration and rest!
- Day 20: Return to base camp and Achik Tash.
- Day 21: Transfer to Osh.
Day 22-23: Return flight to Montreal.
Montain: Lenin Peak
Altitude: 7134 m
Route: Southwest Slope
Duration: 9 days on mountain
To receive the PDF description by e-mail, write to: