Du 9 Nov 2017 au 18 Nov 2017 - Mexico
Mountaineering 1 Course on the Mexican Volcanoes
Version française: HM-1 sur les volcans du Mexique
Mexico… sun, beaches and tacos, yes but why not experience Mexico from a different perspective? This is what Attitude Montagne offers you with this trip combining the ascent of two volcanoes. On your journey you will have the chance to follow the Mountaineering 1 course on top of climbing the Iztaccihuatl and the El Pico de Orizaba volcanoes. A Mexican experience out of the ordinary that will push our limits while also enjoying the many facets this country has to offer!
Destination: Mexico Region, Mexico.
Duration : 10 days
Cost : 2575 $ * included HM1 course
Ratio : 4 clients / 1 guide
- 4 nights in hotel
- 5 nights camping/ in cabin
- Ground transportation
- Meals on the mountain
- Group equipment
- Certified guide from Quebec
- Day 1 : Departure Mtl/Mexico, we will spend the night in Mexico City
- Day 2 : Travel to Amecameca where we will do our final purchases and spend the night in the Altzomoni Cabin or in a tent if the cabin is full.
- Day 3 : We will climb to the Las Cruces Cabin to acclimatize and return to the base to sleep.
- Day 4 : Travel to our altitude camp.
- Day 5: We will be leaving early for the summit of Iztaccihuatl and descend to the city of Puebla.
- Day 6: Rest day in Puebla
- Day 7: Travel to Tlachichuca to take a 4×4 to the Piedra Grande Base Camp.
- Day 8 : Travel to advanced camp.
- Day 9 : Summit of El Pico de Orizaba and return to Mexico City.
- Day 10: Return to Montreal.
Altitude: 5220 m
Route: South ridge
Duration: 8 hours from base camp
Izta the “White Lady” comes from an ancient legend according to which she and her former lover were transformed in to a mountain after displeasing the gods. The Mountain will be our first goal and training ground for mountaineering techniques. As it is a mountain with eternal snow, but having no technical difficulties, it will be ideal to assimilate the techniques.
Pico de Orizaba
Mountain: Pico de Orizaba
Altitude: 5636 m
Route: North face
Durée: 11 hours from the advanced camp
The volcano Pico de Orizaba aka Citlaltépeti or Star Mountain is the third highest peak in North America. With an almost perfect conical shape, and covered by a glacier from 4900m, it will be an ideal target for your first high altitude project. This is an exceptional environment to put your newly acquired techniques to practise.
- Personal expenses
- Meals in town
- Travel insurance
- Personal equipment